Dr. B. Reddya Naik
Assistant Professor Vector Biology and Control Lab, Department of Zoology, P. G. College of Science,Osmania University, Saifabad, Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh, INDIA – 500 004.
Biological control of Mosquito larvae in sewage water by using a Larvivorous fish and collaboration with forward- looking organizations
1. Currently pursuing Post-Doctoral Research work on Biological control of mosquito larvae and working as Assistant Professor Dept. of Zoology P.G. College of Science, Saifabad, Osmania University Hyderabad, A .P.
2. Member P.G. Admissions,
3. Member college Admission committee, P.G. College of Science, Saifabad.
4. Member Hostel committee P.G. College of Science Saifabad.
5. Member College Sports committee P.G. College of Science Saifabad.
6. Member Board of
7. Member P.G. Paper setting Dept of Zoology,
8. In- Charge NCC Officer,
9. Rendered services as a Fisheries Development officer in Dept. of Fisheries Govt. of Andhra
Pradesh for three years at
Ph. D. from
M. Sc. Zoology (1993) with First division from
Publications & Reports
1. Reddya Naik,.B. and P. Umamaheshwara Reddy: Evaluation of Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh) Municipal sewage water Quality. J. Aqua. Biol. Vol. 19(2) 2004: 63-66.
2. Reddya Naik,B. and P. Umamaheshwara Reddy: Metabolic Alterations of Glycogen in Larvivorous Fish (Poecilia reticulata) Released in Municipal sewage water Quality. J. Aqua. Biol. Vol. 19(2), 2004:89-91.
3. Reddya Naik,B. and P. Umamaheshwara Reddy: Survival of Larvivorous fish (Poecilia reticulata) in sewage water. J. Theoretical and Expt. Biol. Elias Academic Publishers Vol.2 (1) pp: 1-4.2005.
4. Reddya Naik Bannoth, Umamaheshwara Reddy, P and Arsid Rajesh Kumar: Behavioural Triat of Larvivorous Fish Exposed to Municipal Sewage water for Mosquito control. J. Aqua. Biol. Vol. 22(1), 2007:1-4.
5. Ravishanker Piska, Reddya Naik,B. and Divakara Chari: Variation in biochemical composition in muscle of blypheringodon mola. J. Aqua. Biol. Vol. 13(1& 2),1998: 86 -88
Post Doctoral fellowship Award sponsored by UGC Selection and Award Bureau, New Delhi for a period of three years i.e., from 1st May 2004 to
Additional Professional activities
- Orientation Course at
, Academic Staff College Osmania University , A. P. From 8th June to Hyderabad 4th July 1998.
- CAS Training Course on " Environmental Impact Assessment Studies Related to Aquaculture at Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai from 17th to 31st March 1999
- Summer School on "Recent Approaches to Marine Fishery Resources Assessment and Management at Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute
, from May 24th to June 22’ 99 Cochin
- CAS Training programme on " Brood Stock Management and Genetic Selection in Fish Seed Production" at Central Institute of Fisheries Education Mumbai, from 12th Feb. to
4th March 2001
- National Seminar on " Stress and Homeostasis" Sponsored by UGC- DRS at Dept. of oology,
, Osmania University from 29th to Hyderabad 30th March 2001.
- Refresher Course in Zoology at
Univ, Bangalore . from 27th Nov. to Bangalore 17th Dec’03
- Seminar on" Ethology" at Dept. of Zoology, P.G. College of Secunderabad, Osmania University, Hyderabad. From 9th to
10th January 2004. on “Remote Sensing and GIS Applications in Fisheries Research and Management” during 19th November to Winter School 9th December, 2004at CIFE, Mumbai.
- National Seminar on Hazards of Globalization: Protection of Interests of Indian Consumers, during 17th and
18th August, 2005.
- 22nd Conference of the ISCAP on Comparative Animal Physiology and Stress Physiology November 14th -16 , 2005, Department of Zoology,
. Osmania University
- 8th International Symposium on “Vectors and Vector Borne Diseases” held during 11-15th Oct. 2006 at Centre for Research in Medical Entomology (ICMR),
, Tamilnadu. Madurai
12. Organized a Two-day National workshop on “ Integrated Mosquito Management and Future Directives” held on
- Life member in Journal of Theoretical and Experimental Biology
- Life Member in Indian Society of Comparative Animal Physiology
- Life Member in Indian Association of Aquatic Biology
- Annual Member of the Indian Journal of Vector Born Diseases.
Bio – data
1. Name: BANNOTH REDDYA NAIK
2. Father’s Name: HARI CHAND
3. Date of Birth:
4. Place of Birth: Village: Reddi Pally, Mdl;
Narsapur, Dist. Medak, A. P. INDIA.
H. No. L-20,
Osmania Univeristy Campus,
Phone: Res: 91- 40- 27015126, Off: 91- 40-23393530,